1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bank

Discussion in 'Forum Shop and Battle.Arcade' started by EonMaster, May 27, 2009.

Bank

Discussion in 'Forum Shop and Battle.Arcade' started by EonMaster, May 27, 2009.

1. EonMaster

EonMaster Eeveelution Master

Black City, Unova
    ok, so I decided to put in 4800 into the bank in hopes of collecting interest. But after I hit process, it only had 4752.

So, I lost 48 minerals just for using the bank? And I'm assuming that I'll lose another 1% if i decide to withdrawl it.

So basically, I need to keep the minerals in the bank for 7 days before the minerals even start getting more interest than I lost by depositing and withdrawing.

I don't see why I should be penalized for using the bank system, I already have enough trouble getting minerals(i've been getting about 2-7 per day since I rarely post) :(

2. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    It's called processing fee, and it makes sense. The whole point of the bank is to lose in the short run and win in the long.

3. Spartan

Spartan New Member

He is complaining moreso about the return reward for using the bank, not the processing fees.

4. Dragon God

Dragon God New Member

Vancouver
    I thought it only cost money if you deposit, withdraw is free.... isn't it?

5. darkone

darkone Moderator

Mississippi
    No, it is both ways.

6. Darth_Bane

Darth_Bane Moderator

Seattle, Washington USA
    Yes, indeed it does go both ways. I wish they still had those interest upgrades they had a while ago (and didn't act like limeys and give them out only to whomever they favored) They need to get rid of the transaction fee due to the fact that this is not real money and even if they do try to come in here with a whole bunch of bs saying the different reasons of why they put it in. I will disprove all claims they put forward and demolish all competition. I have many years of debate around my belt (Due to the fact that I am atheist and I go out of my way to terrorize those ignorant and hopeless people who look to the sky for guidance instead of inside) and I have rarely lost a debate. I even destroyed a /b/tard in a duel of wits. (not that hard but still fun to make them admit defeat)

Anyhow if any of you understood any of that Congrats! Just tell me and your reward will be more confusion! As stated above I think they should boost the interest rates, bring back the auction house, and permanently destroy the transaction fee like Blizzard did to the Mothership's Vortex ability, ah the good old days.

7. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    That was a bit harsh about religion, don't you think?

Anyway, the fees will not be wiped away. For one, this isn't a democracy :D and two, getting rid of the fees would destroy the concept of the bank. I've already posted how the bank is meant to be used.

What would be nice though is if the fee was a set amount. IRL transfer fees are only in proportion to the sum transferred to a certain extent in a limited number of bands - here, however, it follows it linearly by taking a percentage cut. But it seems this can't be changed so I guess the current bank is here to stay.

BinaryBanshee likes this.
  8. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    I would be interested how you plan on disproving this argument Darth; I set up the shop and chose to have a transaction fee.

I agree with kuvasz that it should be a set amount (other than zero) however since I don't have the option to make it a set aount I chose an amount I believed to be appropiate. I would try and modify the shop code to make it be a set amount (as well as implement a couple of items) however, the code is encrypted; which means we are limited to whatever options are currently available.

Pretty every number that is tied to this shop I put in place to try and make it as similar as possible to the original shop before the forum move, which includes a transaction fee for the bank.

Now we could go a few rounds arguing about the merits of the various settings currently in place, but I have neither the time nor energy to do so. Also, I somehow doubt you are nearly as convincing as you believe yourself to be.

9. marcmad

marcmad New Member

well i agree having a bank fee is good. I don't like well that it have a maximum but i must think about if people get it, they will get a bunch of minerals a day so i understand it.

The bank system is ok.I find that better than other forum ;)

10. exe

exe New Member

lol omg this is a stacraft 2 forum bank. Starcraft 2 forum banks doesnt matter whereas your downtown bank do matter. Therefore my advice would be to spend your constructive energy on something else more important lol.