1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Possible HardDrive Issue

Discussion in 'Computer Tutorials' started by Darktemplar_L, Dec 23, 2008.

Possible HardDrive Issue

Discussion in 'Computer Tutorials' started by Darktemplar_L, Dec 23, 2008.

1. Darktemplar_L

Darktemplar_L New Member

Bay Area
    So last month my computer somehow messed up after my dad used it. I can access the files on my hard drive when it's in the secondary spot, but if put into the primary slot, the computer will not detect it. My dad helped me put the hard drive in a separate computer both as the primary and the secondary but it only worked as the secondary. This is currently how I am using my computer. I don't like it because it isn't my desktop and start menu that shows, but the primary hard drive's desktop. I can't use some of my programs like Starcraft because since it is on the secondary hard drive, when it downloads the update, I think it searches for the Starcraft file on the primary. Any ideas on the problem or how to fix it?

2. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    Check the pins on the hard drive and check if its set to slave only. Aslo, I would check the bios to see whats going on in there. Finally, if you want starcraft to work right you need to setup a registry entry for it, which would include the filepath to the game on the secondary drive allowing it to install updates.

3. Darktemplar_L

Darktemplar_L New Member

Bay Area
    Where exactly are the pins and how would I set them not to slave only? And my dad has already checked the bios and he says nothing is wrong. I trust him since he says he's read many books about computer stuff and on many earlier projects he showed me with, he seems to know what he is doing. Also, I want to hold with the Starcraft fixing for now just incase I can fix the hard drive.