1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Return of Fenix?

Discussion in 'StarCraft 2 Story and Races' started by Windblade, Feb 16, 2009.

Return of Fenix?

Discussion in 'StarCraft 2 Story and Races' started by Windblade, Feb 16, 2009.

1. Dragon God

Dragon God New Member

Vancouver
    i dont think that X'N would take dragoon weapons and shove them down a hydras throat.
    I agree with michael, the XN would take extra percautions to ensure that the perfect race woop they're asses.
    If there was a race better than all 3 races, then no doubt there would be a temporary truce so until that force is subdued.
    after all, a tyrant can only survive by showing a bigger tyrant.

2. orestul

orestul New Member

Canada
    I am still sure that they will have to repeat abilities or at least the way the units act. They might not look like the originals but they will be practically the same. Hopefully they don't make another race, because it took them a couple of years just to make a couple of units, a new engine, and better graphics, while if they have to make a whole new race, it will way prolong their making time, which would really suck.

3. Michael_Liberty

Michael_Liberty New Member

Denver
    Depends on how you look at it the reason SC2 took/is taking so long to make is because they had other projects that they were funneling all of their resources into like WoW, WC3 and Diablo2. Once Blizzard puts their minds to it they can get a lot done in a short amount of time comparatively since they really don't put out bad games, they are worth the wait and it seems to me that SC2 will see shelves sooner then D3, I have no source whatsoever to prove that, it's just the vibe I'm getting with the way things are going.

4. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

Fenix is dead and he is not a phoenix that will get reincarnated one day... but who knows?? maybe some summoning ritual could warp his soul back as something else...

5. orestul

orestul New Member

Canada
    I hope you are right.

6. overmind

overmind Active Member

New Zealand
    I still think he should his consciousness should be embedded in a crystal and used to control a colossus :D

7. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

Uhmm. i think if he will decide to be recylcled (lol) he'd rather be inside the immortal since he likes battle up-close and it suits more in that suit coz he's gonna benefit the defense and it makes sense that he will be again a cyborg unit.... but that is just my opinion though, who knows maybe he'd prefer the peaceful life of the mineral harvest lines??

8. Michael_Liberty

Denver
    Doubtfull considering his background he enjoyed the battlefield far too much to come back as a mere probe. I agree that he would most likely end up in either a colossos or an Immortal.

9. orestul

orestul New Member

Canada
    That might be so, but just imagine that guy in a collosus. That would mean an awesome protoss unit, that has more health then an average one. That would just be awesome.

10. overmind

overmind Active Member

New Zealand
    With the original colossus attack of course. :D

11. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

lol, i just had an outburst of genius! ding ding ding

Starcraft 2 DoTA!
    Fenix Resurrection!!

- Seeking revenge against the swarm Fenix was granted immortality by the Xel'naga and thus, He started his quest for feeding his eternal hunger for battle, leading the frontlines of war using his new found

- Dragoon Unit (model)
    Fenix will have hero skills ala warcraft...

* Reinforced shields (immortal barrier) - grants energy barrier for fenix with added life per level
    * Charged shot - photon cannon that can be charged to deal further damage and stun
    * EMP - sends out an electro magnetic charged photon particle that deals splash damage and slows enemies that gets hit by the wave.
    *** Resurrection - Fenix summons cosmic energy to bring himself back to life

I know he likes to be at the front so its probably the dragoon that is the most iconic for a unit like Fenix ^_^

12. Michael_Liberty

Denver
    EMP, like the Science vessel EMP? Wouldn't that kill his shields? I agree with the rest of the moves, just not that one

13. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    He described it as dealing splash damage and slowing the hit units. Doesn't sound like the SV EMP to me Michael.

14. orestul

orestul New Member

Canada
    Well, it would be awesome to have fenix in the colossus with the original attack, though a dragoon... I find a problem there. If he is dead, then how can he summon the cosmic energies and resurect himself. Plus, imagine this. Since all the heroes are given extra shields and health, you will have a dragoon with 400 health and 400 shields, with immortal shields. That would be what? Same thing as using god mode cheat. Kind of strange for the blizzard to do that. Too powerful a unit he will become. Just imagine him walking toward a base. He can just go alone and destroy it. The tanks can't do any damage, or other powerful units, and the only ones that can do anything are the reapers. While the reapers attack, he will just destroy them. As i said before too powerful a unit.

15. Michael_Liberty

Denver
    I wasn't saying it's the same attack, I'm simply talking about what an EMP does, it would shut down electronics in the area, killing at least his shields and more likely his entire suit/shell. Unless he could propel it far enough away from himself which is entirely plausible.

16. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

Yes it is true that an EMP functions as an electronic device disabler but in this fictional case... the emp wave will be discharged by fenix himself through his power core therefore eliminating him as a target of that skill..

Something like this is what it looks like...
    ..- \i/ -..
    -= F =-
    ''''-/i\-''''
    As you can see the radius is not that far but that short powered emp is enuff to damage his surrounding...

Last edited: Mar 3, 2009
  17. Michael_Liberty

Denver
    Alrighty then, I'm willing to suspend disbelief on that one. Sounds like an unkillable unit which time has proven Fenix to be, or it would if he came back anyway lol.

18. orestul

orestul New Member

Canada
    Ok, it probably wont be a dragoon with immortal shields, it might be a colossus, with a bit higher shields, because that would even it up a little.